Teacher of English - Part Time (September 2019
Lady Eleanor Holles
Not every outstanding teacher wants to work full-time. Teaching in the English Department at LEH is a joy: highly motivated students with lively minds combined with passionate and supportive colleagues makes the perfect combination.
By joining LEH’s exciting English Department, you will teach enthusiastic youngsters and committed A-level candidates, preparing them to read English at the UK’s top universities. If you are a well-qualified English graduate looking for a part-time teaching role, this might be just what you are looking for. Availability from September 2019 would be ideal.
Lady Eleanor Holles is a thriving and academically very successful school situated on a 24-acre site on the outskirts of London. The school has its own attractive pay and benefits structure. Some of our most popular benefits are listed below:
• Teachers' Pension Scheme for teaching staff and membership of LEH Group Pension Scheme (with life assurance) for non-teaching staff
• Free lunches, tea and coffee
• Generous occupational sick pay scheme
• 'Care First' Employee Assistance Programme
• Occupational Health Service
• Learning and development opportunities, including financial support for postgraduate study
• Cycle to work scheme
• Free car parking on site
• Library facilities open to all
• Use of 25-metre swimming pool at specified times
• Staff receive free or reduced price tickets to attend the excellent school drama and music productions
• School fee reductions for LEH; the school also has an arrangement for fee reduction at Hampton School (a leading boys’ independent school adjacent to LEH)
• The school offers a rent or mortgage allowance subsidy for new permanent teaching/non-teaching staff who are at the start of their careers or relocate to the area in order to take up the post
An application pack is available from the school’s website by clicking here. Applications must be made on the school’s own form, together with a covering letter or supporting statement, and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CVs will not be considered and should not be submitted.
The closing date is Thursday 13th June; interviews will take place the following week.
Lady Eleanor Holles School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.