You will be directly responsible to the Headmaster (Overall responsibility), the Deputy Head (Line Manager) and relevant teachers, depending on the lesson/activity/event.
General duties include:
· Sharing in the corporate responsibility for the pastoral care, welfare and discipline of all pupils at St Francis School with reference to the school’s commitment to Child Protection and Safeguarding Policies, including the requirements of Keeping Children Safe in Education.
· Supporting and promoting the VISION of the school to make a difference to young minds and lives.
· Embracing fully the MISSION of the school to educate and inspire children to become confident, considerate and compassionate young people who fulfil their potential and who make a positive contribution to society.
· Upholding the core VALUES outlined in the ‘St Francis Framework’.
· Promoting and fulfilling the AIMS of the school.
· Contributing to the development, implementation and evaluation of the school’s policies, practices and procedures.
· Ensuring that corridors, classrooms, pitches and all other school areas are safe places for the children, reporting any hazards to the appropriate authority.
· Supporting school functions and activities whenever possible, and to take an active part in the extra-curricular life of the school and its pupils.
The purpose of the role is:
· Assisting in the educational support, management, welfare and supervision of pupils and leading certain activities under the guidance of the relevant teacher or member of staff.
· Supporting members of the administrative staff.
The Role will involve a variety of aspects including:
· Working with individuals and groups in classrooms as an assistant to the teacher;
· Assisting with the teaching of PE, games and swimming throughout the Nursery and School age range;
· Assisting with Drama/Choir lessons and productions;
· Lunch/break duties;
· Undertaking administrative tasks, including regular updates of the school’s information screens and certain aspects of the website;
· Assisting with the daily Before-School Club for Reception upwards from 7.45am until 8.30am;
· Assisting with the After-School Club from 4.00pm until 6.00pm;
· Accompanying pupils on outings and residential trips;
· Assisting with the school’s Holiday Camp during school holidays.
The Gap Student is required to:
· Act as a member of the School staff team;
· Contribute to the positive image of the school in the community;
· Attend relevant in-service training;
· Be aware of school procedures, especially those contained in the Staff Handbook;
· Be aware of confidential issues linked to home/pupil/teacher/school work and to keep confidences appropriately.
Please note that St Francis is a Day School and is unable to offer any accommodation. Post holders will need to provide their own transport to and from school.
Hours of Work:
You will be working 40 hours per week between 7.45 am to 6.00pm from Monday to Friday during term time.
Further details are available from Mrs J Thomas, HR Manager:
Tel: 01672 563228 / E-Mail: email@example.com