We are seeking to appoint a suitably experienced professional with outstanding communication and interpersonal skills to work as part of our Reception and Administration team. This is an integral role in our School community as the first point of contact for all staff, students, parents and visitors to the School you must be able to relate well to people on all levels with sensitivity, tact and diplomacy. The daily administrative tasks of the role will be extremely varied and as such you will need excellent organisational, time management, ICT and record keeping skills as well as careful attention to detail. You will be a team player who is confident working independently and able to provide cover at both the Prep School and Sixth Form Centre when required.
We invite applications from those who have demonstrable experience of working in a front of house, reception or support environment within or outside of education. The applicant will be able to demonstrate:
• exceptional communication skills, both verbally and in writing, with excellent attention to detail and telephone manner
• outstanding interpersonal skills including the ability to relate well to people on all levels with sensitivity, tact and diplomacy
• excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to work to deadlines, applying proactive time management strategies and prioritise
• careful attention to detail and record keeping skills
• a calm and flexible approach in a fast paced environment
• empathy and good listening skills
• a professional and presentable image at all times
About the School:
We are proud to be part of the GDST (Girls Day School Trust), a group of 25 schools including two Academies, who together are pioneers and shapers in the future of girls' education. Our values focus on putting girls first, encouraging all in our community to be forward thinking and fearless.
Royal High School Bath is unique in the GDST family as being the only school with boarding. Our beautifully renovated boarding houses in the heart of the School attract international girls from a wide range of countries (currently 17) as well as UK boarders.
As part of the GDST, the UK's leading network of independent girls' schools, we can offer a variety of benefits, such as:
· competitive salaries and pay progression
· access to extensive professional development opportunities
· training grants for qualifications
· generous pension schemes
· free life assurance benefit
· a discount of up to 50% on fees for children at GDST schools
· interest free loans for training, computer purchase loans and travel season ticket loans
· a Cycle to Work scheme
· competitive terms and conditions of employment
Applications by 14 August 2022.
Interviews will take place on 17 August 2022.
The GDST is committed to diversity, inclusion and real change: a family where every individual is valued, respected and included
The GDST are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.