We are seeking to appoint a suitably qualified, experienced and highly effective professional to manage a team leading the ICT provision and development of use of technology across the school. This role provides the ideal opportunity for someone with relevant knowledge, skills and experience to expand their breadth and scale in an educational context, supported by a team of technicians. The role is integral to driving forward the school’s digital development work.
We invite applications from those who have demonstrable experience of IT network management, development and innovation within or outside of education. What we are looking for an effective manager who is able to demonstrate:
• management skills to oversee the development and maintenance of IT systems, cyber security, cloud platforms and connectivity with a team of technicians
• strong communication skills across a diverse workforce and pupil community
• the knowledge to maintain excellent IT services in a fast-paced environment
• the knowledge and skills needed to prioritise and manage the day to day as well as to lead development priorities with support from a senior leadership line manager
• solution-focused thinking, whilst monitoring new developments in technology available to pupils and staff
• the ability to manage all aspects of related compliance
• the resilience and tenacity to ensure provision and outcomes are outstanding
• excellent attention to detail and a strong track record
• a driving ambition to make a difference
• the interpersonal skills to build strong internal relationships and grow and develop highly effective teams
About the School:
We are proud to be part of the GDST (Girls Day School Trust), a group of 25 schools including two Academies, who together are pioneers and shapers in the future of girls' education. Our values focus on putting girls first, encouraging all in our community to be forward thinking and fearless.
Royal High School Bath is unique in the GDST family as being the only school with boarding. Our beautifully renovated boarding houses in the heart of the School attract international girls from a wide range of countries (currently 17) as well as UK boarders.
As part of the GDST, the UK's leading network of independent girls' schools, we can offer a variety of benefits, such as:
· competitive salaries and pay progression
· access to extensive professional development opportunities
· training grants for qualifications
· generous pension schemes
· free life assurance benefit
· a discount of up to 50% on fees for children at GDST schools
· interest free loans for training, computer purchase loans and travel season ticket loans
· a Cycle to Work scheme
· competitive terms and conditions of employment
Applications by 14 August 2022.
Interviews will take place on 17 August 2022.
The GDST is committed to diversity, inclusion and real change: a family where every individual is valued, respected and included
The GDST are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.