Millfield School is looking to recruit a highly organised individual to provide professional, proactive, and comprehensive administrative and organisational support to the operations of Millfield Sport and the Director of Sport.
Millfield is one of the leading UK independent schools for boys and girls, aged 2-18 years. Millfield is not like other schools and never has been. Founded in 1935, Millfield’s vision is to be the world leader for the development of children. There are nearly 1300 students at the senior school (year 9 to U6) and a further 450 students at the neighbouring Prep School. Millfield’s size brings great opportunity, and the facilities are unmatched in the UK: an Olympic-sized swimming pool, golf courses, indoor centres for tennis, golf and cricket and an equestrian centre; concert hall, recording studio, theatre, art gallery, hi-tech Science block and outstanding teaching facilities; and high-quality boarding accommodation.
We are looking for someone who is detail orientated with strong communication skills and a passion for sport, education, and youth development to assist with (but not limited to):
· Forward planning and communication of major departmental deadlines through a shared calendar to ensure key deadlines are met by Heads of Sport.
· Lead the administration and management reporting on all sporting activity and operations
· Lead the administration around all registrations on a weekly basis, and student / parent reports on a termly basis
· Lead the administration and organisations around sports objectives, annual reviews and reflections
· Support the Director of Sport in the production of regular Governor reports
· Assist with managing and maintaining the Director of Sport’s electronic diary, attending key meetings and reporting minutes in a timely manner.
The hours of work are 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday during term time. You will also be expected to work 4 weeks outside of term time and we can accommodate a more flexible working schedule during this time. In return, you will receive a salary of circa £22,000 per annum (based on experience), generous holiday entitlement, freshly prepared lunches for just £10 per month, access to the school facilities and discounts/cashback on high street shops and restaurants through the school’s Employee Assistance Programme.