This is an exciting time to join OLA, a school which is high performing in all areas, and which has the full support of the Governing Board to grow the school pupil headcount, invest in futureproofing the school and develop the staff so that they can empower our pupils to be the best versions of themselves.
OLA promotes a challenging and progressive curriculum, which reflects the learning requirements of each individual pupil. It aims to nurture independent, analytical and creative thinking and to build the confidence in our pupils to articulate clearly their views of the world around them.
We seek a well-qualified, inspirational Teacher to join our committed and motivated team of Science Faculty staff in this full-time post commencing September 2022. The successful candidate will be confident teaching Biology up to, and including A Level and be keen to contribute to the Faculty and and the extra-curricular life of the school.
Applications are welcomed from both NQTs and more experienced practitioners.
For further information please see the attached Application Pack.
The ideal candidate:
- A good degree in Biology or a related discipline
- Confident teaching the subject up to and including A Level
- Track record of motivating learners and raising achievement
- Team player who is flexible in outlook and attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Patient, friendly and approachable
- Understanding and supportive of the School's ethos
What we can offer:
- Free school lunches during term time
- Free on-site parking
- Free lunch during term time
- Support from senior colleagues
- A generous pension scheme
- Motivated and enthusiastic pupils
- Use of school facilities, e.g. swimming pool
- A peaceful location on the edge of the city of Oxford
Applications should be made via the TES website. Please complete the application form in full leaving no gaps in your employment history. In the interests of fair and safe recruiting we cannot accept CV applications.
Applications will be considered as they are received until a successful appointment is made, early submissions are therefore encouraged.