KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
GENERAL ADMINISTRATION DUTIES
• To act as the ﬁrst point of contact for the School: welcoming visitors and responding to telephone and email enquiries in a helpful and constructive manner and ensuring that appropriate actions are taken in a timely manner.
• Ensuring that all visitors sign-in, are made aware of the dedicated evacuation point(s) and safeguarding protocols and issue a School visitor badge where necessary.
• Respond to general enquiries and correspondence from parents, students and staﬀ.
• Collection and distribution of post, parcels and deliveries to students and staﬀ.
• Manage outgoing post, including use of the franking machine and ensuring adequate supplies of stamps, packaging etc.
• Maintain the daily log-on screen, telephone list and ﬁre list for staﬀ and students.
• Maintaining the Reception Handbook.
• To perform duties which the School Oﬃce Manager or Leadership Team may, from time-to-time, reasonably assign.
STUDENT RELATED ADMINISTRATION
• Registration overview and absence monitoring including production of the daily absence log.
• Maintain student ﬁles including archiving of academic years and production of student conﬁrmation letters as required for visa or bank matters.
PERSON SPECIFICATION, SKILLS AND QUALITIES
A background of working in education is desirable although not essential.
The successful candidate will have:
• Ability to work independently and as part of the whole staﬀ team.
• Ability to work on own initiative.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Oﬃce programs, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Good working knowledge of SIMS is an advantage but training will be provided for the right candidate.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Commitment to the ethos of the School.
• Excellent typing skills.
• Calm and approachable nature.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Good organisational skills even when under pressure.
• Professionalism, integrity, ability to maintain conﬁdentiality and discretion.