The successful candidate will be a highly organised individual with a strong accounting and financial analysis background, coupled with a positive, flexible attitude, as well as excellent communication and IT skills.
The successful candidate will:
· Hold an appropriate accounting qualification such as ACA, CIMA or ACCA or similar
· Oversee the accurate preparation and on-time payment of all salaries, wages and pension contributions, including PAYE and NI contributions and statutory payments
· Line manage the Accounts Department and oversee the running of the Uniform Shop
· Oversee the school’s accounting system and other commercial functions
· Demonstrate a proven track record in financial management and possess commercial acumen
· Be an excellent communicator with the ability to deliver key information to board and Governor level
· Have experience of managing a small team
· Have experience or knowledge of various finance and payroll systems
· Ideally (but not necessarily) have experience of working in a school environment
Please review the job description for a more comprehensive list of responsibilities.
This is a year-round position working 37.5 hours per week. Normal office hours are 8.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday. Flexibility with start and finish times during term time is essential, in order to respond to the needs of the school and reflecting the responsibilities of the role.
The successful candidate will receive a renumeration package which includes:
· A salary of £43,000 to £48,000 per annum depending on skills and experience at time of appointment
· Membership of the school’s pension scheme
· Free school lunch during term time
· 28 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays
· Free car parking
· Supportive colleagues and a friendly team environment
· A beautiful setting in which to work
· Access to staff social events
Early Applications are welcomed
Closing date – Friday 20th May 2022
Interviews will be held upon shortlisted applications
If you would like to apply for the position of School Accountant, please complete the support staff application form and return it to the HR Manager at email@example.com or, for an informal conversation about the role, please contact the Human Resources department on 01264 712863.
Farleigh School reserves the right to appoint at any time in the recruitment process.
Farleigh School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant(s) must be willing to undergo appropriate Child Protection Screening, including references from past employers and an enhanced DBS disclosure.