Please review the job description for a comprehensive list of duties and tasks.
The successful candidate will be:
· Enthusiastic about the education and pastoral care of young people
· Able to use their own initiative and act as a good role model
· Caring and sensitive to the needs of all pupils
· Cheerful and willing with a flexible and ‘can do’ attitude
· Able to carry out instructions reliably and efficiently
· An excellent communicator
· Able to work individually and as part of a team
· IT literate and possess good administration skills
As a Catholic school, there is an expectation that staff uphold the values and ethos of the school but being a practising Catholic is not a pre-requisite for the post.
Working hours are term-time only, Monday to Friday for up to 25 hours per week, typically between 5.30pm to 10.00pm (or 10.30pm). Only 20 Fridays are required throughout the year as the remainder are exeats or holidays.
The successful candidate will receive a renumeration package which includes:
· An actual salary of up to £11,868 per annum, dependent on the finish time
· An entitlement to 28 days’ paid holiday is included within the salary
· Automatic membership of the school’s pension scheme
· Access to the school’s employee assistance programme
· An outstanding working environment in a beautiful setting
· Happy, enthusiastic pupils
· Opportunities to be involved in the wider school community
· Supportive colleagues
· A strong sense of community
· Free school meals during working hours in term time
· Access to staff social events
· Training and development opportunities
To commence in September 2022 (subject to the completion of pre-employment checks)
Interviews will be held with shortlisted candidates shortly after application.
If you would like to apply for the position of Assistant Houseparent, please complete the support staff application form and return it to the HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or, for an informal conversation about the role, please contact the Human Resources department on 01264 712863.
Farleigh School reserves the right to appoint at any time in the recruitment process.
Farleigh School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant(s) must be willing to undergo appropriate Child Protection Screening, including references from past employers and an enhanced DBS disclosure.