Sport is central to the lives of QM girls. The Sport Department is made up of a Director of Sport, an Assistant Director of Sport, four teachers of PE (one part-time) and a team of coaches and support staff. Facilities include a sports hall, floodlit astroturf, playing fields, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, and tennis/netball courts.
Reporting to the Director of Sport and the Head of Racquets, the Tennis Coach will assist in the delivery of the curricular and extracurricular tennis programme at Queen Margaret’s, including timetabled sport, and support for pupils choosing tennis as a GCSE activity, sports scholar mentoring, and tennis coaching.
Working under the leadership of the Director of Sport, the Tennis Coach will:
- Assist with the delivery of a tennis coaching programme for individuals, groups and squads to a timetable agreed with the Head of Racquets
- Assist with the delivery of a sports scholar mentoring programme;
- Participate fully in clubs and matches, at lunchtime, after normal school hours or at the weekend as required by the Director of Sport
- Plan and lead lessons and tennis coaching sessions which progress the enjoyment and skills of the girls in the sport at various ages and levels
- Select and lead teams and at fixtures both home and away as required
- Attend local and national tournaments
- Track progress and liaise with the Director of Sport to ensure that all girls reach their potential, whatever that may be
- Be responsible for school sports equipment
- Be a mentor to a number of Sports scholars if applicable
- Work closely with the senior Captain of Tennis and other sports within the curriculum as agreed
- Assist in the organisation of tournaments held at Queen Margaret’s as well as inter-house tournaments
- Attend any functions and meetings as are appropriate to the role including whole school events,
- Inset, Departmental Meetings and Staff Meeting
- Adhering to Health and Safety regulations at all times.
The duties listed are provided as an indication of the requirements of the role; they are not exhaustive and the Tennis Coach will be expected to undertake any reasonable task or responsibility as required by the Director of Sport or the Head. In addition, the appointee will be expected to undertake training to drive a minibus.
All applicants must complete the school’s official application form (available on the Careers Section of the School website) (electronically or by hand), providing a full career history and names and contact details for two referees and send it to the firstname.lastname@example.org. This should be accompanied by a letter of application addressed to the Head.