School Minibus Driver
Description: 20 hours and 6.30am-8.30 am 3.30pm -5.30p
Term-time only (36 weeks per year)
Salary: £10,682 per year
6.30am-8.30 am (10 hours per week) - £15.14 per hour. This equates to £6,564.
3.30pm -5.30pm (10 hours per week) - £9.50 per hour. This equates to £4,118.
We are looking to appoint a skilled School Minibus Driver to join our transport department.
All drivers of the school minibuses must:
• Be over 21 years of age (for insurance purposes)
• Have held a category B licence for at least 2 years.
• Have a D1 entitlement on their licence.
• Undergo a minibus driving assessment and must successfully pass this test to be employed.
• Ensure the emotional and physical welfare of the pupils in their care in line with Hereford Cathedral School Child Protection Guidelines
Duties shall include the following:
• To safely transport pupils and staff from one location to another ensuring that all Road Traffic Act Legislation is adhered to.
• To maintain good customer relations with parents and schools and contribute to a positive atmosphere on the minibus.
• Carry out daily and weekly vehicle checks on minibus i.e. oil level, fuel, water etc.
How to apply
An application form and information pack may be downloaded from the school Website
Completed applications should be accompanied by a covering letter and sent to
Recruitment, Hereford Cathedral School, Old Deanery, The Cathedral Close, Hereford HR1 2NG or to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 10am on Monday 4th July 2022.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments are subject to enhanced DBS clearance and satisfactory employment references and other safer recruitment checks.