This role includes business partnering with Heads of department including budget and forecast preparation as well as providing timely and insightful financial information to the Sports Club manager and their direct reports as required.
This role also includes preparation of accounting information for the School’s commercial activities including JASSPA, SLYO and other event and venue hire activities as well as preparing invoices for commercial event and hire income that takes place at the School.
The post holder will work closely with other members of the finance department as well as internal stakeholders (including Heads of departments across JAGS and JCE). The role will also work with external auditors and advisors to deliver a smooth and efficient audit.
The post holder will need to be a part or fully qualified accountant who has an excellent knowledge of accounts preparation and financial and software packages and systems. They should be proactive, well organised, and be able to build and maintain effective working relationships with both financial and non-financial staff at all levels.
The role is office-based at JAGS.
Main areas of responsibility:
Statutory accounts, returns and audit
· Preparation and review of balance sheet reconciliations for JCE.
· Assist the Financial Controller in his / her liaison with external auditors and advisors and internal stakeholders taking ownership for the preparation of the audit files for JCE.
· Preparing statutory returns for JAGS and JCE.
· Preparing VAT returns including reconciliation with HMRC for JCE.
Management accounts and reporting
· Preparation of monthly management for the JCE (JAGS Community Enterprises Limited) and the School’s commercial activity (including JASSPA and SLYO) including associated commentary, and updating medium and long-term forecasts.
· Preparing and reviewing monthly and yearly balance sheet reconciliations including bank reconciliations for JCE, JASSPA and SLYO.
· Assistance with preparation of board papers as required for the termly meetings for JCE.
· Assist with preparation of monthly management accounts for the School as required by the Financial Controller.
· Raises invoices and accounts for commercial activity that sits outside of JCE, JASSPA and SLYO (including Event and Venue hires for the School).
· Cover for the School’s Accountant during period of absence.
· Budget preparation including liaison with Heads of Department and in particular with the Sports Club Manager and the Sports Club Development Manager.
· Preparation and production of regular financial information to Heads of department and other internal School stakeholders (at least termly).
· Assist with preparation of in year forecasts based on year to date activity.
· Billing of commercial income for events and venue hire at the School.
· Support School Trip organisers with budgeting, variations and final statement of accounts.
· Support the Financial Controller and School Accountant in reviewing the suitability and improving the financial packages used to ensure the Sports Club receives the highest standard of service.
· Deputise for the Financial Controller on the Accounts Payable function during period of absence.
· Actively partake in team meetings, contributing to the continued development of the finance processes and procedures.
· Undertake any other duties as required by the Director of Finance and the Financial Controller.