TEMPORARY TEACHER OF CLASSICS
Part time or full time will be considered
Required as soon as possible
Suitable for ECTs
We are seeking a Teacher of Classics. This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and enthusiastic Classicist to join a thriving department. The successful candidate will have a strong academic background, a deep commitment to the subject, and be a team player.
We are happy to consider full or part time applications; the ability to work flexible hours would be advantageous.
We can offer:
· A positive working environment within an extremely well-resourced school where excellent relationships between staff and students are the norm, expectations are high and students perform very well as a consequence.
· A highly competitive salary structure based on, but substantially above, national scales. This role will be paid according to experience and qualifications.
· The opportunity to develop professionally; improve and extend your knowledge; develop skills and experience; share outstanding and innovative practice; and contribute to the development of a challenging and supportive learning environment in and outside of the classroom
· A strong supportive leadership team that prioritises student and staff health and well-being.
· Other benefits include membership of the TPS, free lunches during term time, season ticket loan, Employee Assistant Programme, free use of the swimming pool and fitness suite, Cycle to Work and Eye Care Schemes, and fee remission.
How to make an application:
· Please read the attached Job Description before completing your application.
· To apply, please complete the My New Term Application Form using the Supporting Statement section of the form to detail your suitability for the role, how your knowledge, experience and training meet the person specification and your motivation for applying to NLCS.
· The vacancy closes on Monday 3rd October at 8.00am, however, early application is advised as we reserve the right to close the advert early should a suitable applicant be found.
· Long list Interview date: 4th October 2022
· Short list Interview date: 10th October 2022
· If you have any questions or would like to discuss this role further, please contact the NLCS Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone the School on 020 8952 0912
NLCS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all members of all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must declare any criminal convictions as the post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Appointments will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via the Disclosure and Barring Service and references from previous employers. We are an Equal Opportunities employer.
School Address: Canons, Canons Drive, Edgware, Middlesex HA8 7RJ