Hallfield School, Edgbaston is looking to recruit an enthusiastic and competent ICT Technician, with a minimum of 1-years’ experience in a similar help desk role, to assist the Network Manager in providing essential day-to-day user support and network and systems maintenance across the School.
The post holder will need to demonstrate a sound knowledge of PCs, laptops, printers, audio-visual components and other network devices as well as experience of supporting users within a Microsoft Windows environment.
Exceptional customer service and technical problem solving and trouble shooting skills combined with a positive and flexible approach are essential as a large part of the role will be providing first line support to all users, supporting pupils, visitors and staff, both face to face and via phone and email (including remote support), to ensure continuity of delivery of educational and business services.
Whilst not essential, experience of working within the education sector would be advantageous.
o Full time position, all year round position, working 40 hrs per week (hours to be discussed at interview, but would fall between 07:30am and 05:00pm).
o Salary is dependent on experience and qualifications.
o 30 days’ holiday plus 3 paid days at Christmas, onsite gym and free parking, plus free lunch during term time.
· Provide first line technical support, responding to users’ helpdesk requests in a timely and effective manner to minimise any disruption to teaching, learning or administration;
· To support teachers and pupils in the classroom and support with school events as required;
· Under the direction of Network Manager, to implement change requests;
· Under the direction of Network Manager, to ensure compliance with backup, anti-virus and other security provisions;
· To maintain and upgrade desktop hardware (including peripherals) and software, maintaining a suitable desktop environment for users and installing software applications, routine maintenance and servicing of ICT equipment;
· Maintaining the computer room and network in a ready state to use at the start of the day reporting any issues which can’t be resolved to the Network Manager;
· Keeping the computer room tidy / check ICT bookings;
· To ensure the iPads are in working order and report any issues to the Network Manager;
· Supervise the use of printers and replenishing toners as required;
· To ensure sensible use of equipment such as computers, printers, scanners and adherence to the School’s policies in this respect;
· To undertake archive management of networked resources.
Closing Date: Monday 20th September (midday) – Please note we may end the post early should we receive a high volume of applications.
To apply: Please send a detailed covering letter and CV to email@example.com or download the School’s application form from www.hallfieldschool.co.uk