Framlingham College is a co-educational day and boarding school comprising of the Prep School in the beautiful surroundings of Brandeston Hall, and the Senior School which is set in the stunning surroundings in the market town of Framlingham. Our busy Medical Centres supports around 700 pupils across both sites.
We require qualified NMC Registered Nurses to join our busy school Medical Centre. There is the opportunity to grow and develop a forward thinking, outstanding medical provision for our pupils.
The successful candidates will respond to pupil health issues that arise, carrying out vaccination programmes, offering advice to pupils and staff, liaising with other medical professionals and parents as well providing medical support at sporting fixtures. Experience in A&E, practice or paediatric nursing would be an advantage though not essential. The positions will involve providing first-line day and on-call overnight medical cover to pupils.
To ensure the provision of a high-quality Nursing care service to pupils at both schools.
• Be sympathetic to the needs of a boarding environment, including the need for continuity of cover and flexibility of approach
• Supervise the Medical Centre (including care of sick, injured and distressed pupils, dispensing medication etc.
• Work with the Lead Nurse, Deputy Head (Pastoral) and other staff to ensure that the Medical Centre provides a high level of service for the school community
• Ensure dissemination of information regarding medical matters
• Liaise effectively with Housemasters/mistresses regarding pupils health
• Assist in organising vaccination programmes within national guidelines
• Assist in the promotion of the health education programme at the college
• Ensure adequate medical records are kept for all students and that records are held in a secure environment and with regard to both patient confidentiality and current data protection regulations
• Comprehensive note taking/report writing in relation to incidents/accidents, and to be reported to the Deputy Head (Pastoral)
For the full job description, please download the recruitment pack.
Various shifts are available and may include some on-call shifts. The roles are working term time (33 weeks) plus two weeks during school holidays for admin/training. The school operates its own pay scale for Nurses and salaries are competitive.
If you require further information about the role and working arrangements, please email the HR team on Recruitment@framlinghamcollege.co.uk.
We offer a supportive working environment as well as free meals while on duty when the kitchen is operational. We also offer several other benefits including contributory pension scheme and complimentary membership of our Sports Centre.
We are also looking to appoint a Lead Nurse, please see the separate recruitment pack for this post.
Please submit a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role together with an application form. Recruitment packs are available from the HR Department on 01728 723789, email: Recruitment@framlinghamcollege.co.uk or from www.framlinghamcollege.co.uk.
Closing: Midday Monday 10th January
Interviews: w/c 17th January 2022
Framlingham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service.